Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"Nerve twitching literature." After the Flood. Much appreciated goodness.

Much goodness and much appreciations. Also, much love to Notes on the Shore for making it so. Excerpt? Word.

"I think this is his magnum opus. Which would be a dumb thing to say since I haven't read anything else of Tanzer's other than the story collections, but I'm getting there. But this was seriously my most fave CCLaP publication. Here's a funny thing, yesterday, there was a sudden black out because some doofus broke something somewhere in New Jersey and that caused something to break and knock out the electricity in the late afternoon, so I actually read some of this in the dark and it just fit so well. Luckily, it came back in the evening, so the post-apocalyptic feelings didn't freeze me to death. This is also his most violent and the darkest, I was actually kind of worried, because the characters felt so familiar. I was actually waiting for it to somehow turn into a horror story, the best horror story ever, because I rarely get scared despite being scared easily. If that makes sense. But I think it's also because we all dealt with hurricanes and that Super Sandy storm was so scary, this was pretty close to real life."

No comments: